Friday, September 07, 2007

We Leave for Tour Tomorrow!

As I write this from the "front" desk at the cti ministry building I can see Eliot and Matt playing hackie sack outside, Michelle is walking back and forth in front of me with her macbook, Vanita is walking up the stairs singing, Deshi is in her cubicle behind me "working" (i say "working" because having just got a wallpost on facebook from her I wonder how much work goes on in there ;) ) and there is an unmistakable buzz in the building because we are hitting the road for our first tour tomorrow!

There are so many things going on right now, and I don't have anywhere close to the amount of downtime to write them out on here...but I just want to ask for your prayers for the team and myself as we head out into the literal unknown to gain "context" on what we've been having drilled into us for the last 3 weeks of training.

Brooke just High fived me for buying her the tackiest socks ever at the dollar store.

David Lanning just walked by, poked his head into Chris Reeds office, looked at his watch, and then ran down the stairs.

I never ever ever thought I could be one for insane schedules and pressure, for 3 hour long recruiting meetings, or for ALOT of hard work day in and day out (packing up and loading stages into trailers, constant errands, paper work, rehearsal, concerts, recruiting, and rinse and repeat)...but as michelle walks in the front door and flashes her awkward home schooler smile, and as eliot comes in...followed by brad probably heading down to the hangout spot in the team room, I can sit back and know that amidst all this craziness, I am finally home.

Anyways, here are a very SMALL amount of pics of life at training the last 3 weeks through my eyes...














-Joe Gomez


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet dude! Looks like it's so fun! I'll be praying for you guys!
In Christ,
Trevor Schalow....from Show Low

Ruth said...

Wow, I feel like I'm one of the fulltimers again since I'm in 2 of the pictures =) Praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog Joe - I'm so excited for you all out on tour now. Thanks for the call today and know that I'm praying for you all. Love the pictures - keep them coming!!

Melody