Saturday, September 15, 2007

It's a hard-knock life for us...

Well folks, tonight I'm writing to you from a house with a hot tub, a pool table, a espresso machine (and a host mom that used to own a coffee shop- oh sweet mocha... here we come!), as well as an actual movie theater in the basement, complete with 3 rows of movie seats! Yeah... life is rough for us out on the road! :) Today marks the one week mark for 1422. It's hard to believe that we left only a week ago. Here's a quick overview of all the things we've accomplished:

1. We ate dinner at the world's first Pizza Ranch. (Hull, IA)
2. Vanita had her very first cafeteria lunch.
3. We went over Sioux Falls in a barrel (Well.. okay... maybe we didn't go over them... but we did see them..)!
4. We witnessed the Iowa Firefighters Convention parade. This is a once a decade opportunity!
5. We've learned to communicate using only a series of gurgles, squawking noises and eye contact.

Oh... there are so many more things we've done that I can't capture in this blog. On a more serious note though, there have been tons of things we've just in this short week. Personally, I am totally overwhelmed by the hospitality we've received. In the towns we've been to, there were always people there, waiting to open their homes to us and offer us love for the short time we're there. If you were to ask me how I've seen God moving in this past week, I would tell you it was through the people we encounter. Whether it was the host families, the contacts we've had at churches and schools, or just the people we talk to after a concert, I've heard God speak to me through those people. Sometimes it's words of encouragement, shared wisdom, or just an enthusiasm about our message, but in all of it, I am reminded that God is moving all over this world, and we are privileged to be part of the movement. It's also great to know that it's a universal movement and that you are all part of it as well! Ta ta for now!

P.S. To 1421- Vanita is about to post a picture from me to let you know we were thinking of y'all. To all of the non-Canadians on the team, you're included in this... we just didn't think to take a picture of the American flag as well!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I knew this was Laura's work almost right away. It was the coffee banter that gave it away. ;-) Schuh, you are your team are always in my thoughts and prayers.