Tuesday, January 23, 2007

On The Road Again....

So we begin, Winter Tour 2007. Where DO we begin…Maybe I’ll back track a bit. We just finished up partnership drive, a great time of year for everyone at the ministry. Our team had a good growing experience through the partnership drive. Calling people you have never met or talked with to ask for a partnership (i.e. continued support) is a difficult task. We learned that we need to step outside of boundaries, get out there and just do it! I particularly enjoyed the experience, it really stretched me, and gave me a chance to talk and connect with some really neat people. We wrapped that up on Thursday…Friday, we had a prep day for tour. We took care of last minute things that needed attention and cleaned up the ministry (the norm before heading away for a while).

Saturday Morning (01.20.2007)…4:15 am, my alarm goes off [insert groan here]…paralyzed by my impulse to stay in bed because it is way to early to be moving, I struggle to shut my alarm off…4:17am, my alarm goes off again [insert longer groan here]…I grasp for air as I jolt with the pounding of my incessant alarm, shutting it off again…4:18, once again…I begin to remember I set my alarm to snooze about 30 times so I would wake up…why……

I left my hosts about 4:45 to make a quick stop at Super America before I pick up the troops…MUST HAVE CAFFEINE!!!! After quickly picking up the girls we make our way to the ministry, quickly pack the luggage and pull out around 6:15…[still thinking too early]…after 2 hours to Carver, MN, everyone wakes up as we stop for breakfast at the funny farm (My Parents). We have a wonderful breakfast, and the question comes up to snowmobile…Can we please? The snow is so nice and its beautiful out and…ok, well take the sled out for a bit…everyone got their chance to ride and we gave Carolyn a nice white-wash (since in the states, she had been curious about what it was…)

After Many hours in the van, we make our way to Farmersburg, Iowa, which is where we are residing until Friday Morning (01.26.2007). We have met a lot of neat people so far and are truly blessed by the churches here, especially Pastor Bruce Hanson. He is doing so much for us. We have played two public schools so far here and they have both been exhilarating!!! We are having a blast and everyone is really excited for all that is to come...

Until next time…this is Adam (take me to your leader) Falkenstein…signing out...._____

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd just like to register my agreement with the "too early" part.

Ruth said...

Teehee, you're funny Adam ;)
Hope you guys are going well!!

Anonymous said...

Hey 1422, Thanks so much for a great show! Thanks for sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ through music and drama. A special shout out to Josiah the Birthday boy and special thanks to the "Energizer Bunny" for the extra drum solo for the ladies. If you are back in the area and need a place to crash the doors are open. ~Pastor Chuck

Unknown said...

Energizer bunny... hmmm, that must have been Christian, right? ;-)

Anonymous said...

a whitewash ey Carolyn? ;) Photos please!! Man, I sure feel like some snow - it's too hot here in QLD.