Thursday, February 01, 2007

Navarre, Florida

I never thought I'd say it, but it is nice to be down here in Florida away from the cold and snow! Ah, how could I say such a thing?! Well yes, I do love the snow and it's still a bit of a novelty for me, but it's cold and wet and gross when it gets dirty. And I never thought I'd say how warm it is at 50 Degrees F. But after negative 5, 50 is pretty warm.

So yes, here we are in Navarre, Florida. It's nice and warm and we're having a fantastic time. Let me give you a run-down of the past few days....

A memorable moment for us as a team was on Wednesday last week when we visited a quilting group at a church in Iowa. They gave each of us a quilt! The quilts do take up a lot of room in the van, but boy are they nice and warm. Thankyou!!

Friday was a special day for me because it was Australia Day :-) We were driving for a lot of the day, but I made sure to wear my Aussie hat and keep Wobbly (my puppet kangaroo) entertaining everyone. And I sang the national anthem for my team (and one of my team mates - who will remain nameless - made me sing the first line during our intros that night at our concert!)

We spent the weekend in St.Louis, Misouri. We visited the Chinese Gospel Church and had a lot of fun doing a concert Saturday night and playing for the service Sunday morning. There were a few CTI alumni there, so it was fun to meetup with them. It was also the 19th birthday of our very own guitarist, Josiah. His family came down from Illinois to visit, and they took us all up the big Arch that afternoon!

Our next stop was Nashville, Tennessee. We did a concert at a homeless shelter, after helping serve lunch to the men. Our contact there was last year's fulltimer, Jeff Goins. Thanks for organizing that venue, Jeff! Rebekah's parents were able to come down and visit and it was really nice to finally meet them.

And as mentioned before, we now find ourselves in Florida. We've hooked up with some more CTI alumni here and we're doing quite a bit with the Chaplain at the Airfoce Base. We had a pretty cool day today, getting to know a little more about things here in the airforce. We had a demonstration of all the life support equipment - helmets, parachutes, breathing apparatuses, fire suits, night vision goggles (they were the coolest things ever!). We have a few concerts lined up over the next few days. We're looking forward to checking out the beach tomorrow! I daresay I won't swim, but I'm sure some of our boys will be game!

Thanks for your prayers! Until next time, Carolyn

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How cool would it be to jump out of a plane, I ask you??? See if Chris Watson can hook you up with that!