Tuesday, February 13, 2007

continuing on in Florida

When all things are said and done, I never could have imagined what the Lord had in store for this year of my life. Not that it's over yet or that I have a full understanding of everything that has and will happen, but tonight, at this point when I'm sick at home instead of out with my team, all I can think is that the Lord definitely had a plan for this year I never could have anticipated. I throw in that I've been sick and I'm at my host home b/c my team decided for me that I needed to be here instead of out with them. You see, I've been sick the past few days, and though I tried this morning to be with them, I ended up in the van sleeping b/c I just wasn't up for it. No complaints from my team, no hardships that I'm still not feeling better. Not that I expect them to treat me poorly b/c I'm sick, but I know it's hard when you're one person down on set up and tear down. Back home I always pushed myself too far, did what I needed to do until I physically couldn't do it anymore, if I didn't do it, then it just wouldn't get done. But here... we're a team, like it or not, good or bad, we're a family out on the road and that encourages me, challenges me even. I have been challenged and loved on and stretched by these six people for the past six months in ways I could never have dreamed of. And I'm blessed.

So, I want to blog this week, I was thinking later in the week to see what else happened, and I like to rant, as I'm sure you've noticed from previous posts, but I was thinking, maybe I'd change the tone this go around. Not so much. I just keep coming up against these joys and challenges and it's hard to truly express on here just how life on the road is, but I can say for sure that I'm thankful the Lord has a plan. I'm blessed to be where the Lord has lead me for this time in my life, and I'm taken aback time and again at how much I have to learn from CTI, from my teammates, and from life on the road. So, here's to all those who have impacted my life thus far in this journey! I think of many of you often and am blessed to have had the opportunity to meet you, whether for a day or a week. Thanks for your prayers, I don't think we can ever say enough just how much we value your support of each one of us an individuals as well as each one of us as a team. Cheers!

No comments: