Thursday, March 22, 2007

Fun times

We have spent a very relaxing week in Rockford, Illinois. Well actually, the quaint little township of Cherry Valley, Illinois. Anyhow, we were hanging out with Josiah's folks for 5 days and they were so much fun to be with.

Every morning except for Sunday, when we had an early church service, we slept in. That was great - (Mum, shield your eyes for a sec) I think I was getting up around 9/9:30 each morning. Hey, sleep is healthy!

We spent a lot of time relaxing and hanging out at the house. Playing board games, an array of musical instruments (of which I was rather woeful), being soundly beaten at Nertz (card game) by Mrs. Sjostrom, and watching movies. We were treated to some amazing meals, too. Yesterday we had the opportunity to go to Chicago and we had a lot of fun visiting Navy Pier and the Museum of Science and Industry. Oh, I forgot to mention. The boys had an airsoft battle in the woods behind the Sjostrom's house. Wow, they really got into it and came out with some war wounds. We also played some tennis at a nearby court, but we were rudely interrupted by the dramatic arrival of a police officer who proceded to arrest Josiah. He was soon released when the rest of us attacked the police officer with our tennis raquets.....actually no. The officer was (still is, to my knowledge) a family friend and decided to play a trick on us just for fun.

So now we have one week left of our tour before we have around 11 days off for Spring break. And after our lovely refreshing week, I think we'll all have enough energy to finish strong.

Keep those prayers coming - we appreciate you!
Until next time,
Carolyn

4 comments:

Marilee =) said...

Hello, dear!
I sooo enjoyed having you as a "roomie" this past week! I miss you and the rest of the team terribly! =(
God bless, and remember that you're in my prayers and I love ya!
~Marilee

Marilee =) said...

Hello love!
...One more thing!
I need your pictures!! lol
When you have time, if you could send some fun ones (ones of you and I, me and my brother/ brothers & sisters, all us girls, etc) that would be amazing of you!!
lol I was so suprised to hear that you were all at my house again this afternoon, and very disappointed that I was at work yet again!!! I'm glad you were able to stop in and have some non-burger joint food, though!

Take care and God bless! I miss you!
~Marilee

Unknown said...

Hey Team, Thanks for another GREAT show! Stay safe and don't lose your marbles! ~Chuck

Carolyn from the Land Down Under said...

Heehee, thanks Chuck! I think some of us lost our marbles a long time ago, so it was good to gain a few extra :-)

Hey Merilee,
I shall email those pictures to you asap! Yeah, it was disappointing you weren't able to see us again that afternoon :-( Miss you too! Say hi to your folks and enjoy catching up with Josiah again.

Carolyn