Thursday, March 15, 2007

A Conversation

Hi from Ohio,

After triangulating and crisscrossing paths around the Chesapeake Bay area and having a ton of fun (and getting completely confused at times and paying a ton of money in tolls) we have for the past few days been traveling in Ohio where it is it has been raining. Adam and I had a chance to get together and answer a few questions about tour and life in general.

Adam: So what did you do today?

Rebekah: We drove about two hours this morning and then set up for a concert at Bowling Green Christian Academy. We played for a chapel in the afternoon and the kids had a ton of fun at the concert. Have you been having a good week?

A: Its been pretty fun, I guess…We haven’t had any big news…I did get the opportunity to spend 6 intimate hours with our dear van “Evan” and our Trailor “Buck”

R: Why, what happened…

A: They kicked me…What about you, have you had a good week?

R: Well I’ve been a little frightened by the drivers, their love of energy drinks and long road trips. But, hey, it’s been raining and since I LOVE rain it’s been good.

A: Well that’s interesting…

R: So what did you sing this week?

A: Umm, I don’t remember…It all blurs together after a while. My favorite is the humpty dumpty song though…oh, wait that was last year…

R: Last year…? What set you back so far?

A: I think it was the Energy drink I had this morning…

R: I didn’t realize they had gotten so far in time travel yet.

A: You’d be amazed what they’ve come up with so far. By the way, who are they?

R: I think “They” are really just “The Man” but that would mean that they are Christian and for some reason I doubt his ability to create something that complex. But he does amaze us in many ways…

A: Uhhhh……OK. Moving on…If you were a pop tart what kind of a pop tart would you be?

R: Oh buddy, I always have a hard time answering these questions cause they seem all innocent but they have these deep underlying meanings as to who I am. And I’m not sure I want to be so tied down by the asking of just one question about food. If I say that I want to be a chocolate frosted (which are my favorite) that might mean that I have a deep need to indulge myself or maybe that I like pink ponies (which I really don’t have an opinion either way). So in answer to your question whichever one makes me most like me. What about you?

A: Frosted strawberry…I don’t know why. Story of my life…looks good but is bad for you to eat.

R: I think we should stay away from these kinds of questions.

A: Yeah, good point…that was a bit awkward...So, name your favorite place you were at this week?

R: Where were we this week? (after discussing for five minutes where we’ve been this week) I think it was in Delaware, we had a concert in the evening on Sunday and the next day we had a day off and Jo, John, Carolyn and I went bike riding. It was so nice to get out into nature instead of being cooped up in Evan all day. What about you?

A: I would have to say that my favorite place that we stayed at without a doubt was, as a matter of fact, the very place that you previously mentioned in your statement, except I slept. It was good.

R: Wow that was a long way to say that your favorite place was a bed….

A: Well it wasn’t the actual bed, but the fact that I slept…it was amazing!!! Isn’t it great to sleep for 30 hours straight? Have you ever done that before?

R: Once when I was really sick. It was over the 2002 Olympics and I fell asleep through the best parts. I was quite sad…but then I fell back asleep, so I guess it wasn’t so bad. You?

A: No…So, the big question…Coke or Pepsi?

R: Whatever! You know it is Coke, all the way baby. It’s so nice. Although the Coke in Taiwan was a little weird so I would have to go with Pepsi there. So since we are watching to Tube right now I have to ask flat screen or old school?

A: Only if its High Def!!! I don’t watch much TV, only movies…So I would go High Def Flat screen…So tonight, our hosts are making us a superb dinner, I can smell some wonderful chicken cooking upstairs…you hungry?

R: Oh yeah, although I did have a great snack of Thin Mints (you know Girl Scout cookies). But that smell is really good…we’ve had some great meals this tour.

Question from Christian: Where is your favorite place to eat on the road?

R: By far Chick-fil-a.

A: Umm…I would definitely say Moe’s Southwestern Grille. The Homewrecker is amazing…ok, so I’m getting really hungry now…let’s go upstairs and eat…

R: What a great idea…"I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship".

4 comments:

Paul said...

Heidi...

We had the RED trailer last year and her name is still Mae. The van is still Bessie.

Team 14:22...
Glad to hear you made it out of Delaware safely. Ask Chris about our adventures there last year.

Unknown said...

oh, the memories! Home of the Deleware Glare (sounds like a great sports team name, eh?

Rebekah said...

~Chris
you are all about the naming thing these days...I think you need to start a band or write a sonnet or something

Ruth said...

Chick-fil-a would have to be one of my favourite places to eat as well...hmmm...

Great to hear from you team 14:22! See you in 8 days! Enjoy spending a day with my parents ;)