Monday, September 18, 2006

Reflections

G'day g'day. Well I reckon it's about time I posted to the blog here! I've been having a ripper of a time with CTI so far. The staff are so nice, encouraging, supportive, funny, and generally overall splendiferous! (my team mate, Jonathan, came up with that word the other day and I love it, I'm gonna steal it and use it!) My team mates are also fantastic. We've had a lot of fun times together over the past 4 weeks of training. It's been great to get to know each other and I look forward to growing so much closer over the next year.

We enter our final week of training tomorrow.....I'd say we all have a fair amount of excitement but also nervousness at the thought that this time next week we'll be out in the big wide world doing what we've been training for!

It's been great to do a concert, 4 church services, and a workshop already while we are still in training. You guys at St. Stephen's Lutheran in St. Paul and Evangelical Covenant in Alexandria were such a great bunch of people. Thanks for being so welcoming and hospitable. We had heaps of fun and it gave us a good taste for what it's gonna be like on the road.

We would appreciate prayer as we put everything together this last week. Strength, health, and enough mental capacity so our brains don't explode with all the stuff we need to retain!

Thanks and God bless,
Carolyn

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

It's a ripper!

Anonymous said...

hope you're enjoying yourself over there, you drongo (go explain that one :P)

&y.