Wednesday, March 04, 2009

I love giving gifts!

One of my absolute favorite things to do in this life is give gifts. So, today was a very good day for me becaaaaasue....it was ED'S BIRTHDAY!
Sara, Carrie and I came together with this fantastic plan to give something spectacular to him for his big day (he's 23 now in case you were wondering). He's always joking around that he wants to beat me up, and that the only reason he will ever protect me against evil is because he hates the idea of anyone being mean to me aside from himself. We have a very stereotypical brother-sister relationship :-)





Therefore, I figured the best gift I could give to Ed was to let him actually beat me up. Soooo...we got him a pinata that very much resembled me. It was fantastic! The bonus was (as if having a Pinata for your birthday wasn't enough) this whole shindig took place at a car wash in El Paso Texas. We found a park on the GPS, but when we arrived at our destination there was no park to be found, just a Self-service Car wash in the middle of nowhere. As luck would have it, it was the perfect opportunity to distract Ed while we rigged up the Gretch-Pinata.

4 comments:

Edward Baumann said...

For the record I feel strongly about Dora the Explorer too, that girl knows too much and is mean to swiped for no reason.

Anonymous said...

Gretchen, I can definitely see the resemblance between you and Dora... :)

Tiffany said...

What wonderful pictures to capture the occasion. Though I don't know if this is kid-appropriate. I mean, it could scar some kid for life.

Happy (belated) birthday, Ed! Too much fun! My favorite pic by far of these is the mid-air action shot. Well done, Sara or Eric (I'm guessing Sara?), well done.

Anonymous said...

Gretchen your HEAD! : )

Love Deshi