Sunday, February 10, 2008

Things You Should Never Say From Stage

We are starting our 6th week of tour. And this is our 4th tour. 2 tours in the amazing midwest. 1 month in Hong Kong.
And now 10 weeks touring the west coast.

So we are onstage a lot of the time.

This past week we were at UC Davis. It was quite the eventful night for me onstage.

So it inspired me to compose a list of things you should never EVER do onstage.

Listen my children and you will hear-
NEVER:

1. Say crap onstage. It's hard to judge your audiences, and Christian highschools are probably not the best place to do so.
2. Put a cup of water near your mic stand. It's amazing how easy styrofoam cups will tip over and spill their contents over chords and stuff.
3. Grip your capo too hard when you go to place it on the neck of your guitar. Maybe it's just me and I don't know my own strength, but they break quite easy and then you're stuck transposing a song that you never knew the key to.
4. Tell your audience to clap for "whatever I say". It comes of as a little arrogant and "needy". Trust me on this one.


hmmm I think I'll leave it at that. I am sure I'll have more stuff to add later though. Keep checking back folks!


Fresno CA here we come!

One of the best things I've seen all week? Driving past a field of something or other and seeing all the sprinklers going. When the sun hit the water a certain way rainbows appeared everywhere. A field of rainbows. It made me wonder. What was God promising me that day?

Paz todos!
Vanita

3 comments:

Unknown said...

...might I add (since you're going to be there soon) that you should avoid saying:

"What's UP, Seattle Lutheran High School!!!"

...when, in fact, you are at Sacramento Lutheran High School. Trust me on this one.

Perhaps that is why they have decided to just be "Lutheran High School" now and avoid the city designation altogether?

Anonymous said...

:-) Good lessons to learn... smiles... Hey Vanita - I'm praying for you, that God will continue to grow you and bless you... and help you learn what NOT to do on stage. :-) Thanks for sharing. Have a great week!
Love,
Melody

Brad & Renee said...

Hey Vanita - I loved your blog. I have one to add to your list... while at a prison, don't say, "Stand up and clap along," if you haven't cleared it with someone... it just results in blank stares and no one stands up, because apparently it's a security issue. Boy was my face red! Hope you guys are having fun! Can't wait to see you soon.