Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Almost 3 weeks into tour...

This is a story that happened to me on the road in the past 3 weeks: I gave my testimony about my fear and inadequacy of sharing in HK, but how I learned that God needs our voice to be a witness to those around us, no matter how inadequate we feel. So, this lady comes up to me afterwards, and tells me she accidently came to our concert because there was a huge concert 2 doors down that she was planning to go to, but said that God wanted her here tonight." Which I thought, whoa, that's pretty cool that she ended up here. Then she continued to tell me that God really convicted her through my testimony. She has felt the call to talk to youth specifically about abortion, yet felt inadequate and scared out of her mind to do it, so she kept pushing it away hoping the conviction would go away. She said that she had made the commitment to the Lord that night to not be silent anymore and to be His voice to the youth that night. She really has a heart for girls who want an abortion. She told me afterwards that my testimony really convicted her and that I will be in her testimony about how God had called her to action....I was completely humbled. I know it was the Spirit working because while I was talking, I felt overcome with boldness and a need to emphasize that God needs us to be His voice, otherwise who will? It's just so humbling to think that by being willing to share my testimony, so many kids may have life who could have been aborted. Crazy!!! God is soo amazing!!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Brooke that is so great! God works in amazing ways.

Anonymous said...

Brooke,
Cool, It is amazing how the Holy Spirit can help us and guide us. All we need to do is sow the seed. And sometimes we get to see the fruit. We are praying for y'all and looking forward to yer visit to Tenn. and Va. in April . I am your new BFF
Rick Call

Anonymous said...

Brooke,
Just wanted to thank you for all you did and said while you were here in Spokane. We enjoyed talking with you SOOO much! Know that you have impacted me! We were blessed to have you guys stay with us! Thanks again! YOU GUYS ROCK!!:)
Brittany