Wednesday, September 23, 2009

fresh out of prison!

Sorry for the lack of updates lately! We have been pretty busy with concerts and spending time with our host familys.



Well, this week has definitely been a good one! We just got out of prison a few hours ago. We played music for about 70 inmates. They all seemed to really enjoy it and I think everyone had a really good time. All of the inmates were very welcoming to our team. For some reason I was under the impression that some of the people might not be too encouraging to our ministry. But they all welcomed us in and clapped and sang to the music. It was really amazing. After we played a few of the inmates played our instruments. One of them got on the drums and he played exceptionally well, and another played Jon’s guitar. That guy had some skill. He was playing some awesome solos and had everyone in the gym watching. Tomorrow we are playing in another prison in the evening. We have a few more days on the road before we head back to Willmar for overseas training. I think everyone is getting pretty geared up for that! We fly out on October 5th! I haven’t been taking too many pictures but I had this picture of a windmill or “wind turbine” that I took a few days ago. We’ve been seeing a bunch of them lately. I guess it's pretty normal for some of you to see but I had never seen any before. We don’t have them on the east coast. They look pretty cool.


Thanks for all the prayer and support!

- Team 14:22

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Praying for you all!